Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Force-filled family fun

Robin and Quinten took the whole mob of us to Star Wars in Concert tonight, and it was absolutely fantastic. There were a number of displays around the arena (Credit Union Center in Saskatoon) with various props and costumes from the movies, and lots of fans in costumes (from kids in Halloween costumes to adults who have built their own near-professional-quality outfits) posing for pictures or just walking around. The music was incredible - hearing a live symphony orchestra performing it (along with a choir for "The Duel of the Fates") was almost overpowering. I still get caught off guard at how tightly music can be tied to emotions - from the opening chord of the main theme, I was almost overwhelmed with emotion, bringing back the excitement of watching the movies when I was younger (oh, who am I kidding - it brought back the excitement of watching the movies when I was older too!)

Kolbjorn had a blast. He had a small lightsaber (we wouldn't let him bring the big one) that he waved around in time to the music - during the encore performance of "The Imperial March", he stood up and started conducting with it. The other kids loved it too - the music, the displays and costumes. I think the only disappointment they found in the night was my unwillingness to bring home everything from the merchandise stand.




Big thanks to Robin and Quinten for treating us tonight - we really appreciated it.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time, good to see you guys having some much needed family fun! You guys never fall to far from my mind and I will keep you close in my thoughts and prayers as you continue on this journey.

    Jackie D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to do this blog. It's so good to be able to get updates almost everyday, as you are always on our minds and in our prayers.

    Margo

    ReplyDelete