Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Shock and awe

"The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results." James 5:16b NLT

It is almost 9:15. Five days ago, I watched as Kirk backed out of the driveway, on his way to RUH to get Kol seen by a pediatrician. In spite of all the worry, I was relieved that we would finally find out what what causing Kol so much pain. As you know, the answers weren’t at all what I expected. The last few days have seemed like a bad dream. Through it all, it has been wonderful to know that there are so many people supporting us. I am amazed, overwhelmed, and completely humbled by the support we’re getting. We are constantly hearing about groups who have been praying for us and Kol, about prayer chains being activated, people giving presentations in their church. We’ve gotten e-mails and letters and phone messages. In spite of the shock and worry, I have been surprisingly calm. I know that is because we have had so many people praying. Kol’s progressing very well, and I know that is because God is answering your prayers. Thank-you for your prayers. God is good.

To God be the glory, great things He has done.

No comments:

Post a Comment